Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln LS 2006 climate control isssues. Only blows from…

Customer Question
Lincoln LS 2006 climate control...
Lincoln LS 2006 climate control isssues. Only blows from forward facing vents, no AC, I can adjust the heat up and it gets hot and I can adjust it down and it gets cool but not cold. Seat gets real cold and there is sufficient refrigerant in the system. It must wait working one day. The self test hives the codes 1263, 1242, 1262 and 2798.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be helping you today. im reviewing your question now...

Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

press OFF and DEFROST the press AUTO within 2 sec

then press DEFROST again

I followed your instructions and the codes were 1262, 1242 and 1263Mike
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

ok im reviewing now...

Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

when you go to retrieve theses dtc does it say ACTION on the display or does it take you straight to the dtc(codes)?

Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

hi just checking up on you. please rate me on my services will be greatly appreciated. thanks happy holidays

Just takes me right to the test.
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

after the test do you press defrost to exit? does it still display same codes after erasing?

when it goes through the self test can you hear the air duct doors moving?

I don't know how to erase the codes unless that is what the defrost button does. When I started the test in hit tie defrost button and it displayed the aforementioned codes. Which was less by one code "2798"
I am not sure if I heard all of the actuators but certainly heard something.i can check again tomorrow when I get home.
Sent from my from my phone. Sorry for the miss spelling and odd extra words.
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

yes the DEFROST button erases all codes then the climate control turns off.

ok no problem

thats a good sign that the actuators are working.

tomorrow I will run tie self diagnostics test get the codes, then run again only push tie defrost after I push the auto button. Then run the test again to see what codes it throws. Is that correct over?
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Ok no problem
After I erased and run the test and I get 1263, 1242, 1262 and only sometimes do I get the 2798. As far as sounds inherana clicking noise at the first of the test on passenger side. And a different noise around middle of the dash.
Lincoln Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
I have no more info on this particular problem . I will opt out and another expert will be with you shortly
Waisted my time
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you need more help with this concern? You are getting 4 digits codes on the EATC display? What engine is in the LS?

4 four codes as listed above. It is the 3.9L.
Ok the 2798 code is for the dual coolant control valve under the hood those are a common problem.if it hasn't already been replaced. If it pops up a code again for it. It should be replaced and part of the no a.c. problem. The 3 other codes are flagging faults for blend doors behind the dash for the air inlet/refresh door. The defrost door and the panel door. If you can patient I'll attach the pinpoint test C for those codes. I'm at work for the day and can't attach that while 24 step test via the phone until later today. But In the mean time just check the basics.fuses for the a.c. system. Any signs of bad connections behind the dash. This may come down to a control head issue
Never received the pinpoint c info.

My apologizes, Here is the pinpoint test

I have no clue where to find that connector. I am guessing the one off the back of the head unit?

Yes you will be testing the circuit from the climate control panel to the blend door actuators.

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

I need to build a jumper that splits into 4 pig tails or test one pin at a time?

One at a time, you are testing the circuit from the control head to the actuators one at a time.

will my multimeter work set on ohms?

Thats how you test resistance of a circuit as outlined in the testing.

it will be a couple days before I have time to tear out my dash. I will get back to you.

No problem, I gave you the testing for the codes you have and the probably bad Dual climate control valve. Let me know if you need more help. Please remember to rate the question if I was helpful.

HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician