Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Fuse appears to be fine on my 2009 lincoln town car-my trunk…

Customer Question
Fuse appears to be...

Fuse appears to be fine on my 2009 lincoln town car-my trunk deck lid motor no longer responds when press trunk release button, nor does the pull down motor in middle of trunk moves to pull trunk down & lock it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Where do i spray that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Lincoln?

Signature series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't really know what to do because at one point at least the trunk lid sensor on trunk hinge itself did lower the trunk lid- now its not working either- I'm only hearing the trunk release button click, but no longer moving lid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/30/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, as long as the fuse is good and you hear the latch pop when you hit the release the trunk lid motor should operate. Make sure the wiring going to the trunk lid and to the latch motor isnt damaged, repair any damaged wiring if needed. This is commonly caused by a bad trunk lid motor. They go bad often and will need to be replaced to repair this concern.

the latch release does not work now-just a very subtle click
You there?