Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Door ajar comes on interior stay on on the doors and drains…

Customer Question
Door ajar comes on...

Door ajar comes on interior stay on on the doors and drains the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I've charged the battery start car and the lights stay on the inside and drains the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1998 lincoln contental

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Gonna try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also check brake lights comes on but they are working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/28/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue
We have a door switch that is stuck open ,
Get me Year & model Lincoln u have or vin# ***** I will look the switch locations and circuit and we will try to figure out, there is other things involved but can say until I know more in the car model and year
Please let me know
1998 Lincoln continal
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat