Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Headlight on my 2014 Lincoln sometimes works sometimes works…

Customer Question
Headlight on my 2014...

Headlight on my 2014 Lincoln sometimes works sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Replaced the bulb and ballast and still have a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Bulb and fuse are new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Lincoln?

Navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced bulb and ballast

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Light works sometimes seems at times it doesn't like cold weather

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/26/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me which head light this is as well if it is low and high beam acting up?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Left low and high works after truck warms up

So it is both the low and high beam on the left side that is acting up is this correct?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

that's correct.

Check ground G103.It is located under the head light assembly bolted to the body or frame support.My info isnt showing the exact location but check for any wires bolts to metal in this area as this would be the ground.Make sure it is clean and tight.Below is an image I did locate for its general location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69ewmlolah2e96u/g-11-26.gif?dl=0

If this ground is o.k. then check for any wiring issues leading to the head light.If there are no wiring issues as well then the fault is the Smart Junction Box assembly.This is the assembly that controls the left and right head light separately.This assembly can fail internally causing this fault with it needing replaced and can be common.

This is located under the dash on the passenger side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nbw7x84l2a91pb/sjb-11-26.gif?dl=0

Under the passenger side trim paneling.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete