Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to figure out why I am having trouble with the new…

Customer Question
Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out why I am having trouble with the new headlights I bought from you. After installing with no problems I had the occasion to take our car on a trip to the mountains in No. Calif. at night and had the need for high beams for the first time. When applied, there was a flicker in the lights but no change in the amount of light in front of us. This made the trip very annoying because it was hard to see the curves ahead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes. I was going to finish the above; Since your description says these do not come with bulbs (but did) I purchased new bulbs and installed them. After putting the high beams on, one shines up and the other shines down.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. After doing research I found the wiring for the high and low were reversed at the back of the bulb. I tested reversing them and it worked so I made if permanent only to find out it still reversed from side to side. Driver side - high is low and passenger, high is high and low is low. I even switched the bulb back to the bulb that they came with and still no change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Originally when plugging in the light on the driver side it did not work - I turned off the switch, unplugged and plugged back in and it worked.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/25/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Before we get started you said "I am having trouble with the new headlights I bought from you" This website does not sale headlights nor are they affiliated with other sites. We are question and answer site for a small fee. Do you wish to continue?

How is your service charged? I thought I was replying 1AAuto.

You have already paid all the fees to get help from me or another expert. Once I post an answer you rate it so I get credited. No this is 1AAuto.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris