Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No radio, navigation, dvd sound in 2004 aviator. Factory. I…

Customer Question
No radio, navigation, dvd...

No radio, navigation, dvd sound in 2004 aviator

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Factory

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was going to trouble shoot it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/23/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

Have you checked any of the fuses yet? Do you have a multimeter we can use to perform a few voltage tests?

I checked fuses....none blown

Alright, then the next step will be testing for power/ground signal at the radio assembly. If it is receiving signal then chances are the control unit in the radio has failed, this was a pretty common issue on these models

Causes navigation & dvd system to have no sound

Yes it would cause that, the power and signal circuits for the navigation and dvd sound all run through the radio unit. If it fails it will eliminate all sound except for the warning chimes