Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 Lincoln Navigator A/C + Heater front blower won't turn…

Customer Question
2001 Lincoln Navigator A/C...

2001 Lincoln Navigator A/C + Heater front blower won't turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No coolant leaks fluid level ok. Rear blower works will blow cold with A/C on. warm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

With heat on. Checked all related fuses. Went to junkyard changed climate control unit and temp sensor on lower dash. It used to work intermittently blower motor seemed ok didn't make any noises

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Did some research but didn't find info on 2001 found info on 2006 and they fixed that with blower motor resistor.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/23/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, do you have a voltmeter to do some testing

Will have to get mine and go outside to the Lincoln

HI,

Ok, the problem will most likely be either be the blower motor or blower motor resistor - both are located underneath the right side of the dash. There is a trim panel to pull down underneath the dash to access them - see attached

Once accessed, with fan switch on low, check voltage at the blower motor connector. Should be around 4.5 to 5.5v, as you increase fan speed switch setting, voltage should go up. At high speed, it should be 10.5 to 12v

If it is, then replace the blower motor.

If not, then disconnect the harness connector to the blower motor resistor. On the resistor itself, check resistance between each of the pins. If resistance is missing between any of the them, replace resistor.

If good, then let me know and will go from there

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Lincoln Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager