Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My lincoln does not want to start. it is pu. M aloo. my 2014

hello. my lincoln does not...
hello. my lincoln does not want to start. it is pu
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: m aloo
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: hello, my 2014 lincoln mkz does not want to start. it has the push button start. nothing works, lights radio etc
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the push start. has never happened before. have had it for about 5 months
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you thats about it. don't what is wrong
11/22/2017
Scott W.
Scott W., Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you tested battery voltage across the top of the battery?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
no...couldn't find the battery

The battery is under the hood, mounted left side towards the cowl, kind of tucked back in.

Left is drivers side. This isn't a hybrid is it?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it is a hybrid
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Scott are you still there

Ok, then the battery is in the trunk then.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Let me go look...car is in the garage
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How do I open the trunk

Here is a picture of the location.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Couldn't download the picture location

You will need to pop the hood, and either jump start or charge the battery through the jump start posts, then once hooked up you can pop the trunk, or you can fold down the rear seats and use the manual trunk release.

O​k well you don't really need the picture anyway, the battery is mounted drivers side rear of the trunk.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Couldn't find battery under hood...will try to open trunk manually. Give me a couple minutes

The battery is in the trunk,

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Damn it was a tight fit...battery is very clean and looks brand new

Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No I don't sorry...i am not a mechanic

Do you have a charger or booster cables?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I think I've got booster cables but no charger

Ok I would try to boost it, you might have a bad battery or a drain on your electrical causing battery to go dead after it sits for awhile.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok let me try will be a few minutes

Red to red, black to black, make sure this is correct, there are to many modules on these cars and hooking the cables up backwards can get costly.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok i got it started...now what

I would let it run for 20-30 minutes to charge the battery, then have the battery tested, charging system tested and checked for drains also. To charge a battery properly it take about 2-3 hours. Do you have any warranty left on the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I believe so...not sure

Does your vehicle have power decklid?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What is that

P​owered trunk lid, when you hit the trunk release the deck lid is powered up and down by a motor.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it has powered trunk lid....saturday the trunk wouldn't open with the Bob
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will charge it up for half hour and see what happens but if it won't start what do you recommend

Ok I found a SSM from Ford for reprogramming the RGTM module for intermittent drain on the battery, I bet this is the problem here.

I would definitely make sure this module is programmed to the latest calibration, if not, this should hopefully take care of your concern as long as the battery tests and charge tests pass.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
My son in law is a decent mechanic but won't be coming over to my house until Thurs. I will show him our conversations. Thanks a lot. Wish me luck...thanks Scott. Have an awesome blessed thanksgiving you and your family

When you are finished please take the time to rate my service as this is how we are paid, you can always ask follow up questions after rating, thanks Scott

Thank you very much, happy Thanksgiving to you and family as well.

Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Where do I rate you...can't find the button

Should be a set of 5 stars, 3 stars and higher will pay me thanks.

You got it, thank you!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
My name is ***** ***** the way, thank you. Good night

Thank you Javier!! Nice to meet you.

Cary York
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hello Scott this is Javier are you busy

Go ahead and post your response and I will get with you as soon as I can, thanks Scott

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Got it resolved

D​id you find the problem?

Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Technician