Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a parasitic voltage leak that is isolated to P-J/

Customer Question
I have a parasitic...

I have a parasitic voltage leak that is isolated to P-J/B relay on 2003 Lincoln LS. What circuit is controlled by the relay?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

31,000. Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to determine if this is a self-fix issue. Battery was going dead overnight - wouldn't hold charge longer than 5 hours. Replaced battery - it was over 3 years old. Did an amp test to isolate parasitic leak by successively removing fuses and relays in trunk power distribution box. Amps on leak running near 4. Isolated the relay for P-J/B - slot 25 - in the box. The owner's manual just describes this as "P-J/B." Is this the electric parking brake, or?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be enough to get started.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/21/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Fuse 25 in the truck is the power for the P-passenger JB-junction box. It powers fuses 6, 7, 18 19, 20, 32, 35. So you need to install this fuse and start removing these fuses I listed from under dash to see which is the draw source. Below are links to everything on these fuses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hb7piju5z6wmpl0/67.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ii8giwmkdh9ul/18.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

The diagrams are CJB not PJB. Oh well...

What do you mean by oh well, you no longer want help or do not understand what I mean?

You posted the wrong fuse chart. I ended up having to buy a complete service manual to get the answer in addition to paying Just Answer. Disappointed is what "Oh well..." signifies. Probably not a five star rating. I'm still not seeing a post of the correct fuse chart. Oh well...
Not sure what this means: 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago

You wrote :have a parasitic voltage leak that is isolated to P-J/B relay

There is not a PJB relay, there is a PJB fuse, #25 in the trunk. Is that the one you have a draw on?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician