Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Battery dead and for some reason the manual key doesn't fit.

Customer Question
JA: Did you test the...
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I can't get to the battery. The car is completely locked. I just need to get inside the car to change battery without calling someone.
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2013 Lincoln mkx
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The manual key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I changed the battery inside key as well. I tried the manual key but it won't turn. Its like that key doesn't fit
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Lincoln
11/20/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 21 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If the key will not turn inside the door lock cylinder then the only option is to call a locksmith to get inside the vehicle. It seems like the battery may be dead and to blame here. Any way you can power the cars battery from the chassis and the large wire to the starter or alternator?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician