Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The range on the kcey fob has suddenly become very short.

Customer Question
The range on the...

The range on the kcey fob has suddenly become very short

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No, can I replace that myself (it’s Sunday, not sure where to buy)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

Is there a way to check battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lincoln?

2011 MKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far - just started doing that yesterday, and now barely works at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just want to be sure I can go to/from work tomorrow (and I travel, so don’t want to get stuck)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/19/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is usually a fault with the battery being weak in the key fob itself.The key fob will come apart to then replace this battery.If you go to a local parts store they can separate it and replace the battery for you in most cases.You can purchase this battery at a local parts store.

It should separate or a cover removed from the fob to then replace the battery in it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Are you referring to a local “Lincoln” parts store, which won’t be open today?

No any local parts store will carry the battery and can usually install it for you as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete