Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 1998 Lincoln Town Car appears to have no trunk light, is…

Customer Question
My 1998 Lincoln Town...

My 1998 Lincoln Town Car appears to have no trunk light, is this even possible?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

A light that would go on when the trunk lid is opened.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Opened the trunk last night to put luggage in, it was completely dark, looked for a light bulb and couldn't find one, then noticed there were no detents to indicate there was even a light in the trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's the issue.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/18/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

There is a light in the trunk. Open the trunk and look under the back edge of the trunk just left of center about where the back glass meats the trunk. There will be a lens mounted flush with the top of the trunk that you have to remove to replace the bulb.