Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm stranded at a gas station and it won't shift out of park…

Customer Question
I'm stranded at a...

I'm stranded at a gas station and it won't shift out of park all the fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No brake lights and a service engine light soon came on I have no equipment to test it it's a limousine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I have is a Phillips screwdriver and a pair of vice grips I don't know where the emergency release is is there one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just if there's an emergency shifter release so I can get the car home

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/18/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

when you locate this, pry it off and there is a tab inside you just push down to release the shift lock so you can shift out of park. Most likely either the brake light fuse or switch on the brake peddle.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.