Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm looking for the location of the engine coolant

Customer Question
I'm looking for the...

I'm looking for the location of the engine coolant temperature sensor on a 2007 Lincoln MKZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Lincoln MKZ. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

If he could send a diagram, that would be great too.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Yours uses what is called an engine cylinder head temperature sensor to measure coolant temperature for the computer. It is located underneath the intake manifold - see attached

2007 Lincoln MKZ AWD V6-3.5L VIN T

save-icon.png Save Article

CYLINDER HEAD TEMPERATURE (CHT) SENSOR

Zoom and Print Options

72_fm07hmgas_1-020.png

Typical CHT Sensor

The CHT sensor is a thermistor device in which resistance changes with the temperature. The electrical resistance of a thermistor decreases as temperature increases., and the resistance increases as the temperature decreases. The varying resistance affects the voltage drop across the sensor terminals and provides electrical signals to the PCM corresponding to temperature.

The CHT sensor is installed in the cylinder head and measures the metal temperature. The CHT sensor can provide complete engine temperature information and can be used to infer coolant temperature. If the CHT sensor conveys an overheating condition to the PCM, the PCM initiates a fail-safe cooling strategy based on information from the CHT sensor. A cooling system concern such as low coolant or coolant loss could cause an overheating condition. As a result, damage to major engine components could occur. Using both the CHT sensor and fail-safe cooling strategy, the PCM prevents damage by allowing air cooling of the engine and limp home capability.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Lincoln Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you