Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The dash lights up but the does not display the speedometer,

Customer Question
The dash lights up...

The dash lights up but the does not display the speedometer , milage or distance to empty

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I do not know which relay or fuse to change.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2004 towncar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have changed a few relays and fuser but still does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/16/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Most likely this is not a fuse and it is not a relay. The fuse involved would be 4, 12, 19 under the dash.

If you can do more electrical work than checking fuses, let me know and we can get into more detailed electrical testing at the back of the cluster.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician