Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 towncar radio problem. FM fine, CD fine, Tape fine AM…

Customer Question
2003 towncar radio problem...

2003 towncar radio problem. FM fine, CD fine, Tape fine AM mostly static

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Original. Worked fine until 2 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Lincoln?

Signature

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not done/ had done anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have a very good Ford dealer service place here. I don't have the skills to work on problem.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So what is going on with the radio now?

Every function works except AM. Get mostly static over the stations

And the am was working better before correct?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician