Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well it started leaking coolant from bottom of the intake…

Customer Question
Well it started leaking...

Well it started leaking coolant from bottom of the intake onto the top of the motor and has a puddle on top of the block once i looked it was pouring out on the ground and pours out as fast as i pour it in

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

Yes and the hoses look good and i can tell the freeze plugs on the side are new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2001 5.4 32 valve navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Navigator?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive pulled the water pump and was working on the intake and timing cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why would there be water building up ontop of moter under intake

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lincoln
11/14/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

If the lower intake gaskets are leaking it would puddle up on the engine block itself. The manifold has cooling ports on the front and the back that the coolant can run through. Unless the manifold is cracked it would have to be the lower gaskets causing the problem.

Ok, thank you.

it sounds like the issue could be with the fuel pump. If the check engine light isn't on, then it's not a monitored system then the light won't come on. The fact that it is having some issues restarting could also indicate this type of concern as well.

We can't rule out a crank or cam sensor, but usually those will leave a code and the check engine light will come on. i would make sure the shop checked the fuel pressure and of course, was able to make the concern happen. If it didn't fail for them, then they won't be able to determine the issue. It does sound a lot like a fuel pump issue however.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!