Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I want to install a sub-woofer and amp in my 2017 Lincoln…

I want to install a...
I want to install a sub-woofer and amp in my 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve which has the 11 speaker system. I need the pin out of connector going into FoMoCo S69GA amplifier located in the rear right side panel of the trunk.Specifically looking for the following:
- What wires carry the low level signals to the amp before they are amplified so I can tap into the wires and provide low level inputs to my powered sub.
- Which wire sends the turn on signal to the amplifier so I can tap into it to turn on my powered sub amplifiers as well.The wiring diagram for this amp should provide all this info and more.Thanks in advance...
Answered in 5 days by:
11/16/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has helped You slipped through the cracks or all have viewed and passed. Is there more you can add to your post which may help us more so we can help you. Another option is to just write out another concern you may have and we can try to help on that. I do not want you to feel like we are a scam or avoiding you. We want to help you but we want to make sure the help we provide is not in vain and you will be pleased.

Chris

Hi Chris,
It is OK. Fortunately I was able to find this information elsewhere online so I am all good now. I do have a different question, but will create a new form for it.Feel free to close this one out.

I can try and help on the new question here if you want to go ahead and type it out.

OK. It is a two-part question, I need to get the power from the new amp to the battery and I have run it from the trunk through the car and gotten it as far as the drivers side below the dash.
1- I am trying to locate a spare firewall that I can drill out and send the cable through so I can connect to the battery. Without ripping all the padding out I was able to location 1 firewall, but it has many cables going through already so I would prefer not to use it and risk damaging anything existing. Wondering if there is a spare firewall panel, and if so where is it located on the drivers side?
2- How can I gain access to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery? There is a bar going over it, obstructing the use of a socket wrench or pliers.Thanks....

Do not drill, odds of hitting a wire are high and you will likely ball up and tear up your wire harness. Find wires already going through the firewall and use a coat hanger in beside them. Once through then tape your wire to the hanger to pull it on through. Above and to the left of the pedals should be some body grommets to do this.

Can you send me a picture of the battery concern?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I have never seen a Ford car have the battery packed that tight in under the cowl and it does not even mention that in the tech repair steps. You will have to remove the air box cover and hose and loosen the battery hold down clamp and pull the battery partially out and slide it forward to get that negative clamp off.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Just to let you know, this morning I tried removing the air box cover and hose and loosened the battery hold down clamp so I could move the battery, but there still wasn't enough room to slide the battery forward enough to get access to the negative terminal. Any other suggestion before I call my Lincoln dealership? Not sure if they'll even be willing to connect it for me since it's "aftermarket"

I see no reason why the dealer would not connect it. I would if it were brought to my dealer. Are you able to remove the positive, lift that corner of the battery, pull the battery out of the tray to access the negative.

You will have to remove the air box to gain enough access.

Just to add a follow up on how I made out with this. I found a diagram online today that shows the battery area, and how it is secured in the tray. Turns out there is a plastic "screw" that also holds the clamp in. This screw was out of sight because it also doubled as a cable tie holder and was below a bundle of cables.I disconnected the air box cover and hose as you suggested which gave me better access to this hard to see plastic screw. Removed the bolts along with this plastic screw was then able to move the battery forward enough to get access to the negative terminal and disconnect it.This then allowed me to connect the new amplifier power safely to the battery.Put everything back together and now I've got power to my new amp in the trunk. Now just need to tie it into the existing subwoofer line in the trunk.

Thanks for the update, and good job

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician