Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Ihave a 96 mkvlll radio wont shut off, lots of static and

Customer Question
ihave a 96 mkvlll radio...
ihave a 96 mkvlll radio wont shut off, lots of static and door link is involved
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: yes there are two 10 amp fuses, but i removed it and that stopped the static but other things happend
JA: What is the model of your '96 Lincoln?
Customer: mkvlll coupe
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have asked a few experts and tried to diable the radio but it didnt reall stop the static
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is the radio and amp seperately located and waht does the door have to do with it? also the push button on off doesnt work is it worth fixing or easier to remove and replace?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
also there must be a short someplace as the battery is dead in the am. so I have been disconnecting the battery overnight!
wheres my answer?
10/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

very sorry for the delay.........
There are a number of things that can cause the Static & Battery Drain & you will have to trace the issue.
.

is the radio and amp seperately located and waht does the door have to do with it? also the push button on off doesnt work is it worth fixing or easier to remove and replace?

.

Is the Static happening when car is moving or just still?
Is the Static happening on AM?, FM? Cassette? CD? or ALL?

You need to check the Driver Door Key Light & Handle to be sure the Door Handle is closing completely & is turning off the Key Light

IF this is Factory Radio:
The AMP is located Under center of rear package tray
Be sure Battery Connections are Clean & Tight

.

Let me know if you need further

Why did you close this?
Did you not need assistance?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician