Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do i get left axleshaft off my 98 lincoln cont. 4.6 fwd.

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get left axleshaft off my 98 lincoln cont. 4.6 fwd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. havent started yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Im working on left axleshaft...not battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do i have to take right side off to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
10/5/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Once you separate the hub and cv joint, Using a pry bar, separate inner CV joint from transmission.

Here are the instructions.

If you don't have a hub removal tool, I have separated some by tapping inward on the axle with a hammer and big center punch on the end of the axle. If it's been off before they sometimes come off easy.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Did you get it apart?

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician