Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2016 Lincoln MKZ that when you start it up the…

Customer Question
We have a 2016 Lincoln...
We have a 2016 Lincoln MKZ that when you start it up the driver's front parking light and fog led as well as the rear tail light do not light up. Once you turn the light dial from either auto to on or vice versa all lights will come on and stay on and function properly. It only seems to be only when we start. Once you turn it off completely you have to do that each time. Any help would be great
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
10/4/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Following the wire diagrams, this concern looks to be to blame on the fuse box inside the vehicle called the GEM/CJB/SJB/BCM. It is a fuse box and all these modules in one. It controls these lights that have concerns with.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ok if that's the problem how do I fix...I saw no directions other than what we think may be a problem..

You would have to take it to a dealer because replacing this module requires a diagnostic tool for programming.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris