Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have the thef,light,my car don't started,it don't have…

Customer Question
I have the thef,light,my...

I have the thef,light,my car don't started,it don't have overdrive bottom under the steering wheel,dont have remote control and didn't have program door my factory code is 17955

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Yes,it work in,my started is good,new celenoide,new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1998ford,linconl,navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Navigator?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I do the 15min switch open on,close20seconds,open again 15minclose20sec,open15minut,, disconnect battery +5minut,conett

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There's a yellow wire that split in two to de connection to the steering column is that from factory or no

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
10/1/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

There is "2" YELLOW wires that goes to the Ignition Switch, that should NOT be "split in two", unless there was Aftermarket Alarm or Remote Start added or removed
IF the wire has been cut, you will need to splice back together.
IF the THEFT Light is "flashing", or stays ON while cranking, that usually means the PATS is not recognizing the Key
Try another Key OR, FORD Dealer will need to Reprogram

Thatdontrealy help so I want my money back Iknow allreadywhat to do I spect tell me how can startthe car tk