Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2000 LINCOLN LS WITH A JAG V8.THE CAR IS RUNNING…

Customer Question
HI CHRIS I HAVE...

HI CHRIS I HAVE A 2000 LINCOLN LS WITH A JAG V8.THE CAR IS RUNNING BAD,NO POWER ,SOUND HORRIBLE RUNNING AND DIES WHEN PUT IN GEAR.KINDA REMINDS ME OF WHEN THE CAT CONVERTER PLUGGED UP ON MY TRUCK..RENTED A NICE SCOPE THAT U PLUG IN UNDER THE DASH BUT DIDNT REALLY KNOW WHWERE TO START BECAUSE IT SAID IT COULD BE A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS..IN A WORK TRUCK MY BUDDY PUT A HOLE IN THE CAT SO WE COULD DRIVE BACK TO THE SHOP.HOW COULD I TEST TO SEE IF ITS THE CAT OTHER THAN PUTTING A HOLE IN IT TO SEE IF IT WILL RUN BETTER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I CAN REV THE MOTOR SORT OF BUT IT DIES WHEN KI PUT IT IN GEAR.IT ALSO SOUNDS MUFFLED DOWN THERE.SO I SAY ITS CONSISTENT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES WE ARE I GAVE IT TO MY GRANDSON WHEN HE GOT HIS LICENCE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. WE CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER THINKING IT MIGHT BE PLUGGED.MADE NO DIFFERENCE.COULD ONE OF THE TIMING CHAINS JUMPED TIME

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/30/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

If you believe a converter is clogged then remove both the upstream O2 sensors for a short test run down the road to see if the power is back.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris