Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wont start. New alt. New battery. 98 markviii. Trying the…

Customer Question
New alt. New battery ...

New alt. New battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

98 markviii

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying the anti theft lite flashing rapidly now seems getting no gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont know where to start

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/30/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Davehop, Ford Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Davehop
Davehop, Ford Master Technician
Hello and welcome to JA.... Did you say that when you turn the key on the anti theft light is flashing rapidly?
For some reason it's not allowing me to make the phone call to you so just answer my question is your theft light flashing rapidly in the dash when you turn on the key?
it is flashing
Okay if the theft light is flashing that means that the computer is not recognizing your key do you happen to have a spare key that you could try to start the car with?
Did you have a spare key?
Are you still in need of assistance?