Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chad I spoke with you this morning about the 2004 Lincoln…

Customer Question
Hi Chad I spoke with...
Hi Chad I spoke with you this morning about the 2004 Lincoln navigator that we are trying to disable the antitheft system. We followed all the steps you said to do
And it didn't work. What is the reset code by ignition? Please get back to me asap. Thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/28/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 8 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Are you talking about the keyless entry system sounding the horn or the PATS chip key system in the keys that is causing the red theft light on the dash to flash rapidly when you try to start the engine?

I reset my antitheft device before by putting the keys in the ignition and turning them a certain amount of times but it's not working for me this time I don't know what I don't remember what the code was from back then so I was hoping that you knew what it was so I could try it I tried taking the terminals off of the battery for one minute waiting 30 minutes put them back on and trying to start the car that did not work so I'm at a loss right now thank you for your time

Do you have the remotes for the vehicle to unlock the doors?

We have one but it is not working

DO you have the keyless entry code for the keypad on the door?

we do

If you enter the code to unlock the doors, will the vehicle start?
Is the horn sounding off also?

No it didn't the horn is not sounding off and entering the code did not work

Is the red theft light flashing rapidly on the dash when you try to start the engine?

it is

Ok, I needed to determine if it was the PATS system or the anti-theft.

Since the red theft light is flashing rapidly and the horn is not sounding, the problem is with the PATS keys.

That system cannot be reset or bypassed.

How many keys do you have for this Lincoln?

Two keys

At does it for both keys?
Are you getting any trouble codes from any of the modules in the vehicle?

I have done it by buy key in the ignition
I don't have a code reader in at my home .is there somewhere I can read the codes in my truck? And I have reset this before by the key in the ignition so I know that it can be done that way

You may have reset the anti-theft system, but not the PATS key system. The PATS system cannot be reset or bypassed. The anti-theft system can.

You will need a code reader to get the trouble codes at least from the PCM (Engine Computer).

Ok do u know the antitheft code? By ignition? I've done it like 3 times before and it works

The anti theft code is listed on a decal on the Vehicle Security Module under the passenger side of the dash behind the glove box. It is tucked up in the far right corner near the firewall. The 5 digit code on the decal is the factory code that cannot be changed.