Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator 5.4L when going down the…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Lincoln...
I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator 5.4L when going down the road all of a sudden the traction control light, abs and brake light will start flashing. Once this occurrs the truck will no longer shift between gears until cut off and on
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/26/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

These lights coming on like this here indicate a fault is detected with one of the anti lock brake and traction control components.This is usually a fault with a failing wheel speed sensor or a component like a vehicle speed sensor at fault.It can also be several other sensors at fault causing this issue here.

What has to be done from here is to have the anti lock and traction control codes read out.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed and repaired.A shop or dealer can do this for you for a fee.

A local parts store can sometimes read out fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but they can usually give you an idea of what is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have replaced both speed sensors same problem except now I get code c1998 I'm guessing from replacing them, but I know that code has nothing to do with my problem sense I wasn't there before

This code is for the module calibration is not complete.

This calibration has to be done with a compatible scan tool that has a special function ability to do the calibrations as shown below.If there are no other codes at all coming up then this has to be done.If this is not done this can cause issue like you see here and it may be intermittent as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3atdlu1twre6s99/m-09-26.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iek09dao2d9f0f5/ab-09-26.gif?dl=0

This is the only thing that needs done to resolve this if there are no other codes set.Even if you replaced the sensors and the issue is the same this has to be done in order for the system to operate properly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

I'm also getting codes C2778 and B1676

I apologize for the delay.

If you clear out these codes do they come back again?

Are you getting any other codes that you havent listed here?

Have you done any repairs or testing that isnt listed here yet?