Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Retrieving door code for 2008 lincoln navigator

Customer Question
retrieving door code for 2008 lincoln navigator
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

ok
my name is ***** ***** need the door security code for 2008 lincoln navigator

Hello, there are only a couple of ways of doing it. The main way would be to use a dealer scan tool to pull the keyless entry code. A local locksmith may be able to do this also if they have the right type of scan tool they use to program new security keys. The other option is to see if the number is ***** on the smart junction box/aka interior fuse panel. Its doubtful the code is still on the module or if it is legible. A scan tool is the preferred method of getting the code.

i checked the fuse box under hood and its not there

Then the scan tool method will need to be used either at a dealer, a shop that has a scan tool that can look at the keyless entry system or a locksmith

can you get it with vin

No, its encoded inside the smart junction box. The only way to get it is using a scan tool.

It would be on the back of the fuse panel if it is still there. You would need to unbolt it from the body to inspect.

Do you need more help with this concern?

if you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician