Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 Lincoln mix will not close with any of the 3 switches…

Customer Question
2010 Lincoln mix will...

2010 Lincoln mix will not close with any of the 3 switches used for that purpose

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing it will not close with either the remote,dashboard switch and the rear hatch switch just inside the rear hatch I closed the hatch manually which is suppose to reset the system

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Just started yesterday when I tried to close the hatch after opening it electrically

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/23/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Technician replied 10 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Technician

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

When you close the hatch manually, does the electric motor kick in, or do you have to close it completely by hand?

Have to close it all the way by hand when I try to close it electrically it makes some noise but does not close it when I try again it does not do anything I am trying to fix it myself

Ok. You didn't mention disconnecting the battery. Do you have the owners manual which lists the fuse locations? If not, you can disconnect the battery first to depower the system. Please follow this initialization procedure and let me know what happens.

1. NOTE: Battery power must be removed from the Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM) for 20 seconds before the LTM will enter the initialization mode.

Disconnect the battery or remove the LTM fuse(s).
  1. Wait 20 seconds and reconnect the battery or reinstall the LTM fuse(s).
  1. If liftgate is not already in the fully closed position, manually close and fully latch the power liftgate.
  1. NOTE: Make sure the power liftgate system is turned ON in the message center before performing this step.

NOTE: If the power liftgate does not open during this step, refer to the Symptom Chart to diagnose the inoperative power liftgate.

Power open the power liftgate by using the key fob or control switch.
  1. Once the power liftgate is fully open, close the power liftgate by using the key fob or control switch.