Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 MKX and the rear camera stop working. get a…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 MKX and the rear camera stop working. get a message Camera is unavailable. go to dealership for service

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am. I am mechanically incline, since I used to work on cars over 30 years. I have resetting the camera settings on the display. I have checked the connection at the camera. I have unplug the negative battery cable and wait for 10 minutes and try it again. still doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Its a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to fix it and where I can get the parts that will not hurt my pocketbook

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

You will have to replace the camera o fix the problem.

Ford sells the camera for $510. You can search the internet like EBAY. See the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=+lincoln+mkx+camera&_sacat=0

The replacement camera will have to be properly configured using the proper scan tool that the dealerships have for it to function properly. See the directions below.