Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car has the ETC failsafe code. I replaced the throttle…

Customer Question
My car has the...

My car has the ETC failsafe code. I replaced the throttle body and I I put new plugs in it. After about 3 weeks the ETC failsafe came back on. The traction control land ABS lights are coming on also. Could you give me an idea of where to go next

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just ABS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

04 ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced the throttle body

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/21/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely it is a fault with the abs system causing these issues here.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with either a fully compatible scan tool or computer that can read all computers ( especially the abs computer) to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code(s) set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This is what has to be done to locate which component is acting up needing repaired or replaced.

Usually with a traction and abs light this is usually a faulty wheel speed sensor sending a false signal needing replaced.I have had to replace several wheel speed sensors in the past before for this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician