Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 lincoln ls and I think my theft system has…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 lincoln ls and I think my theft system has been activated. how can I deactivate it myself?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I know a little bout older engines but I have reset my button down by the left door panel I have checked my fuses they all seem to be good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you already scanned the code? How is the battery connection?

My battery connection is good and how do I scan a code. I put my key in ignition it dings but nothing on my panel lights up or it won't crank sometimes it will spin but won't let it crank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

9/21/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

I have reset my button down by the left door panel That is not a Ford installed system. Do you know what brand and model system has been added to the car?

It's a gas shutoff reset button down by my left foot behind that panel.

So this added on system has nothing to do with the PATS anti theft system?

With the key in the run position is the theft light flashing rapid?

it does

Yes it does to which question I asked?

with the key in the run position the theft light flashes rapidly

Thanks, ***** ***** PATS system has nothing you an do DIY without a scan tool. A tool is needed to not only diagnose to see if the key(s) are bad or the transceiver has failed. You also need the tool to reprogram 2 keys to the vehicle. Call your local locksmith to see if they have the tools to do such and see if they can come to you to prevent a tow.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Ok thanks will try that.

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician