Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to get the radio radiator cap off to add some food,

Customer Question
Trying to get the...

Trying to get the radio radiator cap off to add some food

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/19/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what kind of vehicle is this? year, make ,model engine size? You want to add coolant? Not food?

2003 Lincoln Aviator don't know the engine size just trying to remove the radiator cap it's plastic and I haven't seen one like that

Ok it just twists off, its a screw cap. Let the engine cool down before removing the cap. A hot engine puts the cooling system under pressure and can blast back at you if you open it too fast when hot. Turn the cap to the left/counterclockwise to remove the cap. Add the correct premixed coolant and distilled water which should be Motorcraft Gold coolant for this model year.

I seen the reservoir tank I don't see where to actually add the coolant

The plastic reservoir tank is where you add coolant, it doesnt have a conventional metal cap on the radiator. It is filled through the bottle. it has a max mark on the side of the tank to indicate it is full.

It won't twist off

Use a pair of channel lock pliers to grab the sides of it, it will twist off, if it breaks it will need to be replaced. it is meant to spin off

Were you able to remove the cap?

Do you need more help with this concern?