Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The wipers only operate at one speed if at all, there must…

The wipers only operate...

The wipers only operate at one speed if at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

There must be power it works at one speed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2000 Lincoln town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I thought I checked all the fuses but can not figure out location of relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The problem started about the same time the heater core went

9/18/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Are you looking for the Ford diag steps to fix yourself or my personal explanation and thoughts assuming you are panning to take it to some one to diagnose and repair.

I am looking for the Ford diag steps to fix it myself

Below are 3 links to the diag, and wire diagrams. Normally I find the module or the multifunction switch to blame. Look over the info and if you get stuck let me know so I can explain the step different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcdulvor2jxf4l5/wipers1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqbzpkbo6nx7yto/wipers2.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38sambonhq7vobs/wiper3.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician