Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On my 2002 Lincoln LS it keeps getting hot and

Customer Question
Hi, on my 2002 Lincoln...
Hi, on my 2002 Lincoln LS it keeps getting hot and overflowing/Bebling out the overflow container. I noticed the fan notit spinning very fast. Checked the atf that manual says it goes to fan motor, the container near front passenger side of engine and its a milky pink color. What do I do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lincoln
It has a 3.9L engine
9/18/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The fluid being pink indicates there is water in the fluid. I think the first thing you should do is to flush the pump and add some fresh fluid and see if the fan will not run at the normal speed.