Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Almost every time I go to my car which is a 2012 MKS the key…

Customer Question
Almost every time I...

Almost every time I go to my car which is a 2012 MKS the key fobs do not work. I have a new car battery, new batteries in the key fobs. I very often have to put the fob in the slot in order to start my car. I was reading about the RFA module and was wondering if there is a way to check this before taking it to the dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

On the car battery ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband does most things. I have put batteries in the fobs and replace the car battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it. Thank you!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lincoln
9/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to just answer.
Hello
It does sound like the module is the problem, but the only way to be sure is with the use of the Ford scan tool. There are some Snap On scan tools that may communicate with the module, but you will still need to at least take it to a shop that has one. There is no way for you to check this yourself without the tool. I know that you did not want to here thus but I just have to be honest with you.Chris
Where is the module located?
It is mounted behind / under the right side of the dashboard.Chris
Thank you!
You are very welcome!
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or by accepting my answer? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!
Chris