Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The rear door are stuck open child lock latch stuck, 2004…

Customer Question
The rear door are...

The rear door are stuck open child lock latch stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2004 ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Using a wrench to lift it. Unlocking and locking

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Helloo
9/16/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

It is possible the latch has closed unable to accept the striker on the body. Can you compare the door latch to another open door to look at the latch jaws. If they are closed then hold the door handle as if you were opening the door and use a screwdriver to open the door latch jaws. If that is not the case then the latch is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris