Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a Lincoln Navigator 2009 that some time has engine

Customer Question
vibration and rattling like a...
I have a Lincoln Navigator 2009 that some time has engine vibration and rattling like a diesel> This does not happen when is moving. Only when I'm in traffic or stop regardless if I'm in parking or drive
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It may be on the back side of engine although is hard to tell. When that happens, the engine vibrates terrible. It is not happening all the time.
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did in few occasions but now I'm puzzled since is not lifter, crankshaft or camshaft noise...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine does not consume oil, runs very nice when in movement
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. any codes? is the engine light on?

The engine light is not on
Was this your answer for $22.00?
This is a scam!

no its not a scam ..sounds like a timing chain issue does it only do this when they engine is warm when at idle?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician