6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Senior Master Tech with 18 years dealership experience.
63005990

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury. Check engine light: Codes -

Customer Question

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury. Check engine light : Codes - C1175, C1998, B2736, U2023, P1934, P0303.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: ON.
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not myself. Having the mechanic check it out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cost and time frame to convert air ride to shocks/springs.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is James.

So, there's a few things going on with your Navigator based on the codes you listed. Are you having ABS trouble? Is the engine running rough? Did you bring it to the mechanic just to have the light diagnosed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
C1175 - Speed wheel sensor (ABS), B2736 - Pedal trouble sensor circuit (ABS). Engine has a reoccurring rough sound. Thought it might be the air ride compressor due to the drivers side trying to level up. Took vehicle to Advanced Auto Parts and used a hand held diagnostic scanner.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.

Ok, the P0303 indicates a misfire on cylinder #3. Have you had spark plugs replaced recently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
spark plugs were replaced recently.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.

With an air rushing type noise, it's likely that the spark plugs has loosened up and you're hearing compression pressure leaking past the spark plug threads and causing a misfire. You're 5.4 3 valve is susceptible to this after spark plug replacement due to carbon dust collecting on the spark plug threads in the cylinder heads. When plugs are replaced, the spark plug bores need to be blown out with compressed air to clean the threads, and the plugs need to be hand torqued to 25 lb/ft.