Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 yrs. of experience with all makes and models. Also factory training on other models.
2921078

How do I replace the headlight units on my 2004 Lincoln

How do I replace the headlight units on my 2004 Lincoln aviator?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: I want to relace the entire unit.
JA: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to remove the entire unit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

HERE is a link to the removal procedure for the headlights. This should be fairly easy to do as long as things aren't to rusted up.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks much for the info.All is well. Phil

You are very welcome!
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Mike, I have no low beams. Everything else works great. Any Ideas? Phil

HI Phil,

Did you use factory headlight replacements or aftermarket?
If they were aftermarket did you have to do any wiring?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No wiring. Lights are Depo Auto Lamp. Phil

Ok, did they come with new bulbs?

If not, it's possible the old bulbs were damaged when you swapped them. If you have a test light I can help you test the wiring as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are entire replacement units. Bulbs are already in place in those units. Phil

Phil, I would try replacing just one of the bulbs from your old headlight. I mean unless something shorted out and blew a fuse I can't see why they wouldn't work. Especially being direct fit. Try swapping one and see if it helps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They came as a complete unit. No replacement of bulbs. Help---Phil

Check the following fuses in the battery fuse box.

#22, #42 and #43

These are the only fuses that would affect the low beams. Now I understand the new headlight assemblies came with bulbs, but unless this is some type of LED bulb setup, they could be damaged in shipping.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have checked the fuses and can't find a problem. Phil

Ok, do you have a test light? Did you try swapping one of the old headlight bulbs with the new bulb to see if that's the issue?

Hi Phil, I haven't heard back from you so I was wondering how you made out with this?
I know you were happy with my original post which was instructions for replacing the headlights. I would like to be rated for that answer please.

As for the lows not working, I am more then happy to work with you on that and continue this thread. However you are going to need to work with me here as well. We need a test light or at least to try swapping the low beam headlight bulbs to see if the new units came with bad headlights. It's quite possible it's the issue since they were plug and play.

Thanks