roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

I have a 2010 Lincoln Town Car that has a misfire/shake. An

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Lincoln Town Car that has a misfire/shake. An engine light came on without any codes, but the text on it reads "muliple misfirings". All vacuum lines are fine, egr, and injectors appear to be working. When the car cools, the restart is more prolonged, and when the engine does engage, it has a shallow, hollow sound, then the normal full engine sound resonates with engagement. The vehicle is a limo/sedan, meticuously maintained, still gets 23-24mpg, burns only 1qt. of oil every 5,000mi., and has 403,000 miles.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: I
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A company shop mechanic is going to work on it. We are going to change the plugs right now. The engine runs strong, and only shakes when at a stop, progressively getting worse as the day progresses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 month ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

have your guy check the fuel pressure. multiple missfires are common with low fuel pressure. it would also explain the extended crank .

Roy

PLease take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that will allow the site to pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fuel pressure is at 40psi, and increases when driven on road, corresponding with acelleration.

here are the specs

also, in the morning, what is the pressure prior to starting???

Roy

Fuel Pressure

Fuel Pressure

Hot Restart .................... 448-482 kPa (65-70 psi)
Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO) .................... 140-415 kPa (20-60 psi)
Key ON Engine Running (KOER) .................... 170-280 kPa (25-40 psi)