HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

My trac control light just popped on, I felt it in my foot

Customer Question

My trac control light just popped on
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I felt it in my foot and it happens every no and again
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2001 LS With a 3.9
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Hello, beside the traction control light on you also hear or feel a noise? From wear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Feel it in my rt foot when it happens
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Ok, if the traction control light is on, it is setting a code in the antilock brake system. The code could be related to a problem with a wheel speed sensor. this could be causing a false antilock brake event and making the abs pump motor run, causing the noise from the brake pedal. A diagnositc check for codes of the abs system needs to be done first to find out what code or codes are stored. A shop would need to do this, parts stores can only pull engine codes, not abs codes. Once you know the codes, you will know what area of the vehicle to inspect. You can do a visual inspection of the wheel speed sensors and tone wheels at each wheel. If a wire is broken or tone wheel the sensor reads off of is rusted or snapped or loose, it would need to be repaired/replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cool will try that
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Very good. If you need more help or information please ask. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?