Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

2014 Lincoln MKZ only had for 3 months 42.000 miles battery

2014 Lincoln MKZ only had for 3 months 42.000 miles battery keeps draining it has happened 4 times
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Took back to the dealership where I bought it and the said it tested fine . Drove it for about three weeks and it has happened again
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just wandering what it could be. Calling the dealership tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

did they do a draw test on the system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I told them to check the whole system . They told me that they checked the system and it checked fine

if your having battery issues that would be the test to do, those systems are known for having bcm draw issues that cause the issue your talking about,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is a bcm draw issue

If you have a warranty on it I would take it to a different dealer, not all dealers are the same and it sounds like they dont want to help you

all sorts of things like a door switch malfunction, ground problems, timer setting issues, wiring problems, connector issues,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would a low battery on a key fob cause it

not likely but it could, it could be transmitting false signals and waking up the vehicle, but you would be able to visually see this and hear the car unlocking or locking and alarm going off

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How about the fob being to close to the car it doesn't get driven very much and the fob is about 30 ft away from it

again you would be able to see a transmission signal of some sort, so unlikely but possible, how long does it sit before you drive it? also does it have the original battery in the car?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe it is the original battery and sometimes for a week or two
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This time it sat for a little over a week

that shouldnt be enough time to do anything, it would take 2 months atleast for something to happen and that would be on a weak battery,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what type of warranty is on the cars it only has 41.0000 miles

4 yr/50,000 mi basic, 6 yr/70,000 mi powertrain so you should be able to take it anywhere you want,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does it have to be a ford. Dealer

you would want to take it to a GM dealer like GMC, Cadillac or Chevrolet

or lincoln of course

let me know what they say or if you have any other questions

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free up to 3 weeks! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. So if you run into any issues later dont hesitate to log back on and shoot me a question, it will be covered under the original fee and I would like to see you get the most out of your hard earned dollar.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will thanks

no problem! good luck with everything!