Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1992 Lincoln towncar with 45,000 miles. Can I use…

Customer Question
I have a 1992...

I have a 1992 Lincoln towncar with 45,000 miles. Can I use the alcohol gasoline without damage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '92 Lincoln?

Signature

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing anything. Is it safe to run on the alcohol gasoline fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, it is fine but I am using high test non alcohol fuel and it is hard to find

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Yes you can use that. Fuel has been formulated to maintain the same qualities as NON alcohol over the years. You may even see better fuel economy as well.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor