Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Ok My 2000 Lincoln Ls 3.9 with 203,000 miles went in the

Customer Question

ok My 2000 Lincoln Ls 3.9 with 203,000 miles went in the Verizon Store Sunday came out to crank car no Crank.I drove the car prior before in the morning and afternoon.Went out to Verizon Store came out to crank engine no crank.I have Lights,All My interior lights and fuel pump as well.My car is at the Mechanic now and He thinks its the Keys needing reprogramming.I said no.I actual Love this car but this issue has just come up.(Also I had my car at this mechanic and They didn't attach certain wire around harness under the hood near firewall.Frustrated Owner.Please Help!!
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No its at the shop now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ok the mechanic has tested the Fuel pump and starter andi asked him did He check under hood at starter soleinoid
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Key in the run position is the theft light off or flashing rapid?

Key in the run position is the check engine light on?

Did you try cranking and starting in neutral?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Moose sorry.My phone and everything was sent in a flight.ok retrieve bag and phone.ok!My Mechanic had a issue.He called a specialist for electrical circuits.He ran several rest and tested battery,altenator,fuses ,fuses box and contacts.Car passed everything!So Yesterday (Friday) He said They are going to test the Starter again and check all contacts too!My Mechanic said He believes they installed a faulty,Or wrong Starter on.car.The Security system and all was working too.Iam not sure of the previous tests that you suggested was applied.But Today Saturday He called me and said they installed a New And different starter and the car cranked up and continued to run.Yyyeeeeaaa!He mentioned that they rechecked and contacts where no touching and they realigned all and followed lines to trunk where battery is.The car is so what fixed I pray! I asked him to test before returning the car to me.He said he will and all is well.Iam picking car up tomorrow.I remember someone told me the Lincoln Last should be called Money bags!Well might be but I had 203,000 miles on a 2000 3.9 and it burns no oil tranny's reuilt at 172,000 and It was running great.I choose to go get the check engine light on.It was the cats.Boy 2400 dollars later.Cats,Cracked Antifreeze container, air-conditioning needed rebuild and charge,Check engine light was on car after 2 1/2 weeks.is it normal for car to run with check engine light after new cats?it went off after 2 weeks then the no start happened.Write back Moose.Iam curious to keep you in My loop.Thanks for reaching out to me Sir.God Bless and continue to be one Sir
Thanks
Erit

No it is not normal for a repair to be done that indicated new converters are needed and the light came back on and has remained on after said repair. That means the incorrect repair was done, wrong parts were installed or there is another issue causing these codes making it look like even the new converters are faulty.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris