Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm trying to change out the thermostat housing assembly on…

Hi, I'm trying to change...
Hi, I'm trying to change out the thermostat housing assembly on my 2001 LS (3.9L V-8) and I can't seem to get the back two bolts out. They are blocked by another part of the engine (pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what it is :) ) What's the process for either getting the bolts out, or removing the part of the engine that's in the way?
8/20/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

If you are replacing the entire thermostat housing then you need to remove the intake manifold to get to the back two bolts. If you are just replacing the thermostat cover then you can remove it without removing the intake manifold. Let me know if you need directions to do this work?

I'm replacing the entire housing... the top inlet cracked when I was bleeding the engine after replacing the thermostat. So I guess I need the directions to remove the intake manifold ��

Take a look at both of these and let me know if you have any other questions for me?

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. Thank you"

Jaybird61
Thanks for the info. That's a lot more work than I expected :) but "it is what it is".Thanks...