Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Lincoln a avator that jump timing chain could…

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Lincoln a avator that jump timing chain could I damage the valves or are my heads active or inactive my motor is a 32 valve soul over head cam

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?

187000 miles starts but runs rough lack of power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix not sure of cost to fix is worth it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

8/20/2017
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This is an interference engine, if it jumped then most certainly valve damage. Ford also had series issues with these cylinder heads for valve seat recession.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

What would the cost of repairs be more or less is it worth the money

Around 4k for new heads installed.

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician