Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

Of a sudden my 2009 Lincoln MKZ driver door dose not open

Hi all of a sudden my 2009 Lincoln MKZ driver door dose not open from the inside, it shows a light with a Lock symbol on the instrument panel, how can this be fixed?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Fuses no door switched yes. All the other doors are opening just fine and the windows also.
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think it might be a security operation I dont think its a mecanical problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank yoy plis connect me.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Are you saying the door won't unlock from the inside button but will unlock with the keyfob, or are you saying the door unlocks but won't open using the inside handle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Sr. yes the door will not unlock or open by using the inside handle. If I put the window down, and and stretch my hand out, I can open the door that way.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK lets continue by chat.

So if you lock the door and reach through the window you can open it from the outside handle without unlocking it? Just trying to find out if this a problem with the lock or with the interior door handle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I pull on the inner door handle to try and open the door from the inside, a light turns on in the instrument panel, it looks like a lock symbol.

Yes I understand that, can you please answer my last question? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sr I will answer it right away. If I unlock the door from the inside then yes I can open the door from the outside.

Okay, thanks. That theft indicator has nothing to do with the door handle, It should flash every few seconds after you take the key out of the ignition. Are you saying pulling the door handle makes the indicator flash?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sr it did then it stopped.

On the upper part of the door handle (the lock lever) if you pull that firmly out towards you and hold it out then try opening the door, will it open then?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can it be a Valet parking feature? I ask because I touched the Security feature on the main menu screen. I did not move anything in that.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me try that.

OK

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im walking to the outside parking lot.

OK

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for the delay:
Right there by the door handle if i unlock it and hold it, yes the door will open.

OK thanks. The interior door handle is broken and will need to be replaced.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As far as buying a new one, what do you recommend, EBay or what avenue should I take to fix this dilema?

I'm not sure if you will find one on Ebay. I was under the impression it was a dealer only item.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I will go to the dealership tomorrow and buy or order one. I gave you a Excellent rating, thank you for all your help.

Your very welcome and best of luck!