Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

It will crank but will not start. Fuel supply is full. I…

It will crank but...

It will crank but will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel supply is full. I have not check the plugs as it only has 14K miles and I ran just fine one day and will not start the next.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2002 LS 3.9 V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am attempting to do what I can since it is dead in my garage. I ran a scan on the OBD reader and found P1237 as the only code to show up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of to add.

8/18/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, my name is Jay

The code direct to the problem with the fuel pump or fuel pump module secondary circuit. The most common cause of this code is the fuel pump seized up causing the no start. I would recommend replacing the pump and then retest system to see if it runs or the fuel pump module may have been shorted by the pump.

The fuel pump is on the passenger side, correct? Is this the only one to replace or is it possible that the pump and the sender(?) on the drivers side should be replaced also?

Yes the main jet pump is on passenger side with the sender unit. The drivers side is a transfer pump since you have a saddle tank. If you are getting a fuel level indication where you have fuel then this pump may be good but remember it has just as may hours of operation and may also fail soon. I would recommend replacing both pumps.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Do you have any other questions for me?

Jaybird61
No, thank you.
Jaybird61
Jaybird61