HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

My rear suspension won't raise anymore shortly after a wreck

Customer Question

My rear suspension won't raise anymore shortly after a wreck with a deer in the front of the car, how do I fix the rear suspension?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Yes actually, wasn't sure what the fluid was. And the ride has been very bumpy
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not much, only jiggling the air compressor and flipping the switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello what kind of lincoln is this and where in the front was the vehicle hit? Do you hear the compressor run?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1997 Lincoln Town car, and it was hit in the grill and part of the driver side headlight
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Ok the air suspension compressor is basically in that area. Does the compressor operate? Any damage to the compressor or lines in that area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It doesn't appear to be damaged but I have had fluid leaking from the passengers side as well
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

I would check the air suspension fuse first to see if it is popped i the under hood fuse panel, if it worked until the accident, it has to be related to damage from the accident. Power steering fluid leak? It got hit on the drivers side but leaking what kind of fluid on the passenger side?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure what kind of fluid, thought maybe it had something to do with it? And the fuse works good
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No power steering problems
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Its air suspension.. the compressor blows air to the rear air bags, no fluids. If you have a fluid leak I need to know what color. If the fuse is good and the suspension switch is on does the compressor run??????

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Compressor runs forever, rear suspension still doesn't lift, and the fluid is a light color of some sort that leaks hot when it first leaks
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Well I have no idea on the fluid since it has nothing to do with the air suspension without more information, If the compressor runs and runs then it is getting power to operate,but there is an air leak in the system. Follow the air lines coming off the compressor through the damaged area of the vehicle. One of the air supply lines is most likely cut. Follow the fluid leak back to its source to identify whats leaking and what to repair.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it possible to look at the air lines without a car lift?
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Only part of the system

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating using the 5 stars above so I get credit for helping you.