Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My rear suspension won't raise anymore shortly after a wreck…

Customer Question
My rear suspension won't...

My rear suspension won't raise anymore shortly after a wreck with a deer in the front of the car, how do I fix the rear suspension?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Yes actually, wasn't sure what the fluid was. And the ride has been very bumpy

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much, only jiggling the air compressor and flipping the switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lincoln
8/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello what kind of lincoln is this and where in the front was the vehicle hit? Do you hear the compressor run?

1997 Lincoln Town car, and it was hit in the grill and part of the driver side headlight

Ok the air suspension compressor is basically in that area. Does the compressor operate? Any damage to the compressor or lines in that area?

It doesn't appear to be damaged but I have had fluid leaking from the passengers side as well

I would check the air suspension fuse first to see if it is popped i the under hood fuse panel, if it worked until the accident, it has to be related to damage from the accident. Power steering fluid leak? It got hit on the drivers side but leaking what kind of fluid on the passenger side?

Not sure what kind of fluid, thought maybe it had something to do with it? And the fuse works good
No power steering problems

Its air suspension.. the compressor blows air to the rear air bags, no fluids. If you have a fluid leak I need to know what color. If the fuse is good and the suspension switch is on does the compressor run??????

Compressor runs forever, rear suspension still doesn't lift, and the fluid is a light color of some sort that leaks hot when it first leaks

Well I have no idea on the fluid since it has nothing to do with the air suspension without more information, If the compressor runs and runs then it is getting power to operate,but there is an air leak in the system. Follow the air lines coming off the compressor through the damaged area of the vehicle. One of the air supply lines is most likely cut. Follow the fluid leak back to its source to identify whats leaking and what to repair.

Do you need more help with this concern?

is it possible to look at the air lines without a car lift?

Only part of the system

Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating using the 5 stars above so I get credit for helping you.