Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

The emergency brake will not release, yes yes, 97 ark 8,

Customer Question
the emergency brake will...
the emergency brake will not release
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: yes yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 97 ark 8
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: manual release nexto drivers seat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the manual release will not move
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
8/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

even when you shift into drive the brake dosent release?

No

try pushing it down with your foot and pulling the manual release to see it if will come back up.

Tried all of that
Is there a fuse that controls auto brake release

should be #12 in the engine compartment box 15amp

In retrospect changed hubs but not rotors and have driven it since. Just had it transported from Florida to missouri it has sat for 2 years I don't know if brake was stuck when it was loaded, but when it got here brakes were engaged starts and sounds like new 79000 miles on it

so the rear cables may me locked up or frozen, I would inspect the mechanism under the dash and at the rear to see if there are any issues in each one

Thanks
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician